Tuesday, January 18, 2005

CHRIST! Rob said something funny today and I said "I gotta remember that" 




Letters from children to Christopher Walken
Love, Adrienne

::

If you ever wanted to disable the Windows Media Player's "Autorun" feature for Windows 2000 (meaning shutting off the function that automatically launches the Windows Media Player every time you put in a CD), This is what you have to do:

In your Registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom]
Enable: "Autorun"="1"
Disable: "Autorun"="0

Christ what a pain...I've gotta hack into the registry instead of just adjusting a setting?
Hmmmm....Windows operating system, Windows Media Player...Not a monopoly....Moving on...

::


The 100 oldest web domains.
Ah to go back to 15-Mar-1985 and capture the domain of Symbolics.com...Just look where they are today!

::


Gerard re-posted some of his horribly Engrished Kenyan Bootleg DVDs.
Some of the scans are lost to the ages, but I recommend Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (complete with guns and misspellings), Full Metal Jacket 2 (some kind of video "mash-up" of a John Ritter movie and Pauly Shore's "In the Army Now") and If These Walls Could Talk 2 (complete with the tagline "Women Love Woman" and then a picture of a guy on the cover).

Aw Christ, they're all good. Look at 'em all , and Weep. Weep my children, because the "102 Dalmations" cover with Glenn Close as Cruella DeVille holding two sawed-off shotguns is no longer available...

::


Hey! Here's a funny movie by Matt Tobey where he impersonates Baby Jessica stuck in the well and Bill Cosby trying to shill Jell-o pudding, all acted out by cologne bottles (Bill Cosby's the black one...maybe Drakkar?).
If you don't like it, look what these toothless fucks are saying!

::


I just got my new Esquire, and as much as I wanted this photo to be in there, it weren't.
Where is it from? and how can I get a Farrah Fawcett-sized poster for the cigar room? I'm a simple man...just give me everything that I want.

::

Bill Gates' 1983 Teen Beat Photospread:
Teh Hotness
Actually from 1985 (note the Windows 1.0 box next to the Mac in the second picture), and not for Teen Beat, but that's a better story anyways...

::


Thanks Gerard
Thanks Dan
Thanks Rob
Thanks Matt

Comments: 0

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?