Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Site of the Day!
PostSecret is a site that displays postcards mailed in revealing secrets people are hiding, like "I only love one of my children" and "I believe my dead grandmother watches me with great disappointment every time I masturbate."
Similar to the Apology Line that was featured on NPR a while back.
Nice cross marketing to go along with that story from the other day.
Investment tips for 2005.... for all of you with any money left, be aware of the next expected mergers so that you can get in on the ground floor and make some BIG bucks. Watch for these consolidations in 2005.
1. Hale Business Systems, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fuller Brush, and W.R. Grace Co. will merge and become: Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace.
2. Polygram Records, Warner Bros., and Zesta Crackers join forces and become: Poly, Warner Cracker.
3. 3M will merge with Goodyear and and become: MMMGood.
4. Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining will merge and become: ZipAudiDoDa.
5. FedEx is expected to join its major competitor, UPS, and become: FedUP.
6. Fairchild Electronics and Honeywell Computers will become: Fairwell Honeychild.
7. Grey Poupon and Docker Pants are expected to become: Poupon Pants.
8. Knotts Berry Farm and the National Organization of Women will become: Knott NOW!
9. Victoria's Secret and Smith &Wesson will merge under the new name: Titty Titty Bang Bang
Kryptos is a sculpture located on the grounds of CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia. Installed in 1990, its thousands of characters contain encrypted messages, of which three have been solved (so far). There is still a fourth section at the bottom consisting of 97 or 98 characters which remains uncracked.
More from Wired
Brilliant! The 50 Most Loathsome People in America, 2004 is so good, mostly because it lists the person's crime and how they should meet their demise.
#23. Jerry Bruckheimer
Smoking Gun: Who brings a fucking Gatling gun to an asteroid?
Punishment: Made into shoes for Martin Scorsese.
Over 100,000 hits, folks. Couldn'ta done it without you.