Friday, August 12, 2005

Hey Mr. DJ, I thought you said we had a deal 



Warning!
This record company pays radio stations to keep independent music off the air:
payola

I could never sleep my way to the top. 'Cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up
And since my options had been whittled away I struck a bargain with my radio DJ
I said I'd like this song to be number one. He said "I'd really really like to help you my son"
And then I knew that I would have him to thank because he asked me how much I had in the bank

He said to think long term investment and that all the others had forgiven themselves
He said the net reward would justify the colossal mess they'd made of their lives

He said the record wouldn't have to be hot and no one ever seemed to care if it's not
It would depend on something else that I've got and that the other ones who'd given it a shot
Had seen a modest sum grow geometrically and then they had forgiven themselves
Because the net reward had justified the colossal mess they'd made of their lives*

Hey Mr. DJ, I thought you said we had a deal
I thought you said, "You scratch my back and I'll scratch your record"
And I thought you said we had a deal

::


Hooray! My favorite song off the White Stripes album has an really good video.
It's like the Little Rascals sitting in on the filming of A Hard Day's Night during a roadside carnival with those twins from The Shining...you kinda just have to see it.

::


Terrific collection of '70s Spanish adult film posters. Y'know, from back when they were in theaters?
There are about a thousand flyer ideas for The Bang! in here, Jeremy.

::

Does it bother anyone else that CES
(the Consumer Electronics Association's big convention that showcases all of the upcoming technologies)
has a bunch of broken images on their website?
Defining Tomorrow's Technology

::


The next cool thing? 60 minute cassette tapes.
The Japanese are so ahead of us it's redonkulous.

::

It's good to be the president

::


Remind me never to play Quarters against This Guy.
The video starts out innocently enough, with the dude just bouncing some coin, but he gets into some serious Olympic-style bounces across the whole room and into shot glasses perched on top of bottles. It's pretty amazing.

::

OMG! Beans has her own MySpace Page!

Get Help, Beans!
Daisy will be so jealous.

::


Seriously crazy Tibetan jumping cats named horribly by monks.
C'mon U Nan Da...Leonardo DiCaprio and Michael Jordan? Those are terrible names for cats.

::

seriously

::


Oh. Miss. Scar. Lett.

::


Thanks Dan
Thanks Gerard
Thanks Goody
Thanks Lee

Comments: 0

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?