Saturday, August 20, 2005

Still Crazy After All These Years 



Yesterday it was my birthday / I hung one more year on the line
I should be depressed / My life's a mess but I'm having a good time

Oo, I've been loving and loving and loving / I'm exhausted from loving so well
I should go to bed / But a voice in my head says "Ah, what the hell"

Have a good time

Paranoia strikes deep in the heartland / But I think it's all overdone
Exaggerating this and exaggerating that / They don't have no fun

I don't believe what I read in the papers / They're just out to capture my dime
I ain't worrying / And I ain't scurrying; I'm having a good time

Have a good time

Maybe I'm laughing my way to disaster / Maybe my race has been run
Maybe I'm blind to the fate of mankind / But what can be done?
So God bless the goods we was given / And God bless the U. S. of A.
And God bless our standard of livin' / Let's keep it that way
And we'll all have a good time

"Have a Good Time"
Paul Fuckin Simon y'all.

::


Three birthday cards I got with special messages at the end.

Mahogany: Sista 2 Sista

The Bear and the Bird: With Private Message

Sprinkling Butterfly: Golden showers of wishes.

::

GoldenFiddle has a nice collection of Found-Lost-Stolen images including this gem:

soup fort fire

::


Great Ancient Roman Graffiti proves that people were shallow and obsessed with sex and pooping since the dawn of time:

I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932:
"Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!"

::


Folks over at MetaFilter are begging for a good way to do automatic playlisting on their digital music collections.
Man, somebody oughtta get on that.


::


Some dubious history regarding Ypsilanti's Frog Island.
Hairy frogs I can get with, but a mayor named "Smedly J. Snodgrass" and a naturalist conveniently named "Pete Boggs?" C'mon.

::


Funnest!!! Match the sound to the classic video game. Galaga, Frogger, Sinistar, BurgerTime, Pitfall, Joust. They're all in there.
Note: This is on PBS' site, so it must be educational!

::

mag-Neeto!
A great collection of photos of metallic objects sucked into MRI machines
due to the crazy magnetic forces they generate.
Please remove your watch before viewing this site.

::


Some guys who worked in Paul Anka’s band over the years finally got fed up with his post-gig ranting and raving, so one of them tapes one of Anka’s tantrums and posts it on the web. Anka was furious, but never found out who did it.
Beware: lotsa swearing coming from the guy who wrote "She's Having My Baby"

::


Thanks Vert
Thanks Steve
Thanks Mike
Thanks GoldenFiddle
Thanks Justin
Thanks Tim

Comments: 0

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?