Saturday, October 21, 2006

Special World Series Edition! 


Awesome Photo of my Dad and Joyce on TV at Game One:

K
The guy in front of them puts a "K" on the glass in front of him every time the Tigers get a strikeout.

Closeup
Dad is in the Olde English "D" hat, keeping score right by the rail,
Joyce is right next to him (behind the "K" guy's shoulder) with the red hair.



::


Watching the game, I can't help but be reminded of Matt Tobey's 2004 post about Albert Pujoles' name:

Anybody Know Who Won That Game Last Night?

I mean, I watched it, but I spent the whole time distracted the same way I spent every other game of the series: Using "Pujols" in funny sentences. You know, because it sounds like "poo-holes?"

      The people of St. Louis sure love their Pujols.

      Baseball fans see something special in Pujols.

      I bet the Cardinals wish they had ten Pujols.

      We're seeing some really surprising things coming out of Pujols tonight.

      I didn't know Pujols could do that.

      I wonder how many people in that stadium are thinking about having sex with Pujols.

      If you look below Pujols, you can see Jenidles*.

      LaRussa would probably love a few powerful blasts from Pujols tonight.

      Last night, we saw several balls come close to grazing Pujols.

*I also like to pretend there's another player named Burt Jenidles.

Comments: 0

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?