Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chalk It Up 


Chalk Drawings of Album Covers

Chalk One Up

No cheating and drawing "Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch"

::


Hoo goodness, here is Muffy's List of Euphamisms for Female Genitalia.
Choochi Snorcher, Framazama, Hairy Checkbook, Wizard's Sleeve, Panty Hamster, and Mrs. Sphincter's Next Door Neighbor all make the list.

::


I found this great site that posts scans of people's grocery lists. Their Top 10 Lists are something to behold.
List #505: "Oreo B Interdental Refills" — now I don't know what an interdental refill is, but I am sure they are more fun to use if they're made out of Oreos. Also, "bourbin."

::


I dunno if you've been following this, but when Steve Jobs (of Apple) said that if it were up to him, they would get rid of DRM in a heartbeat, but Macrovision kinda heard this and said "Whoa whoa whoa, we make a lot of money selling DRM technology" so they wrote a response saying "No no, DRM is good. You like DRM." Well some joker wrote a translation of what the folks at Macromedia were really saying.
Macrovision: Well maintained and reasonably implemented DRM will increase the electronic distribution of content, not decrease it.
Translation: I am high as a kite.

::

February's CD of the Month:

Carnavas

"Carnavas" by Silversun Pickups

Really great My Bloody Valentine swirliness paired with Breeders-y/Luna guitar and drum work. They remind me a little of Rogue Wave but more impatient, or "Gish"-era Smashing Pumpkins in deaminess and occasional intensity. Go to their MySpace Page and listen to "Lazy Eye" or watch the video on YouTube right here:


Any band with a cute bass player and a cute girl in the video gets extra points.

::


A great fake interview with Chris Cornell where he complains about how much Audioslave sucked.

I look him dead in the eye and say, “Look dude, I don’t give a shit about being politically correct. I don’t even fucking VOTE.”

Well holy shit, you would’ve thought I took a dump on an amp head. The room went dead silent.

Finally, the guitarist speaks up, “Chris, I thought it was clear we were going to be an agenda band.”

I’m like “Agenda band? I’ve got an agenda: to make a lot of fucking money, get laid by lots of chicks and open a restaurant in Paris.”

They were aghast. The bass player is like “Dude, you used to care about the common man – remember the flannels!” And, swear to God, he pumps his fist in the air.

::

Meat

Boing Boing urges you to Stretch Your Meat

::


Thanks David
Thanks Dan
Thanks Brian
Thanks BoingBoing

Comments: 0

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?