Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ping Pong, as he is sometimes called 



Whoa! Anybody else remember Rock Star Cards from the '70s?

Spaceman The Cat

Kiss, Queen and The Village People I can see, they were all vaguely cartoony and make for a good visual image, but The Babys?

Baby?

Who thought that was a good idea? I remember getting these cards as a kid (being the huge Kiss fan that I was/am) and being bummed out for every Babys card I would get.

And dig the goofy text on the back of the cards:

"John Waite is the lead singer for the group. John was born in Lancaster, England, on the fourth of July.

Ping Pong, as he is sometimes called, is the adventurous type. He loves to explore uncharted islands and from time to time tries to capture their beauty in a painting.

He is also a people watcher, especially those with sad eyes and interesting faces. John is somewhat of a loner. He likes out-of-the-way places."

Nice, but no match for the Starchild or the Demon in Kiss, or The Fruitbat in Queen.

::


Great spam:

"Her right hand on his right thigh. bullfrog declaim but never escaped.

::

DataWhat?

::


Hey assholes at Oral-B: could you do me a favor and not make toothbrushes with handles that are wider than the standard toothbrush holder slot? My toothbrush doesn't need to look like a sex toy or the handlebars of a dirt bike, it just needs to fit in the standard toothbrush holder that has been in production for the last 100 years.

Now I get to choose between two options:

Option One - My toothbrush teetering precatiously on end by jamming the end of the handle into the slot.

Option Two - Shoving the toothbrush head up through the slot from below, effectively cleaning the dusty porcelain every time with the same brush I use to keep my teeth clean.

Neither of these is particularly appealing to me, so cut it out.

::


Michael Ian Black writes a series of letters to a girl that he had an intimate relationship with back at summer camp.

Dear Jenny,

Hi! How are you? I hope this letter finds you well. I don't know if you remember me or not, but I'm the guy who fingered you at sleepaway camp.

Anyway, I was just thinking about that, so I thought I would write and see how everything turned out with you.

Your Friend (kind of),
Michael Ian Black

::


Women of the '70s vs. Women of Today.
Paris Hilton vs. Farrah Fawcett, Underworld vs. Wonder Woman, and a Daisy Duke-off...Clearly the '70s ruled.

::

Smooth

Smooooth.

::


Thanks David
Thanks Miss Mapping
Thanks Exquisite Dead Guy

Comments: 0

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?