Saturday, June 02, 2007

Goofing Around with Last.FM 

So I'm trying to post some Last.fm widgets on DataWhat to show what I've been listening to. You can see them in the sidebar. Some "Recently Played" tracks have a play button that allows you to listen to 30 second samples. They work great in Firefox but are occasionally dodgy in IE.

I'm not entirely sure why the DataWhat radio says that there isn't enough content to play my station (since I've been a Last.fm user for years) but we'll see what happens as I listen to more stuff.

I can't quite figure out why Last.fm can play full tracks sometimes and 30 second tracks other times... Must be licensing issues. Maybe because the 30 second samples are "On Demand" and the "Radio" function can be DMCA compliant.

I'll keep both of you posted.

Comments: 0

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?