Sunday, August 26, 2007

Miss Teen/Miss Informed 


Miss Teen South Carolina gives a very entertaining answer to the question "Why is it that one-fifth of Americans can't locate the United States on a world map?"



I like the YouTube commenter SmokeG13:

"I'm from SC and I hate that these people represent me! I know geology. Somebody ask ME a question!! I wouldn't let SC down!"

There is a transcript here as a YTMND and (besides wondering why I'm spending time diagramming her sentences) I'm thinking that somebody in a vain attempt to "coach" her instructed her to say "such as" instead of "like"...if you'll notice, every time she says "like" (as a verbal pause) she quickly throws in "such as" right after.

As an editorial aside: This does not make her appear smarter.

Comments: 0

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?