Saturday, March 06, 2010

Mood-Based Playlists 


StereoMood

Moody

StereoMood pulls from publicly available curated MP3 sites like Aurgasm, Pitchfork, Acquarium Drunkard, Gorilla vs. Bear and other sites too cool to follow, then their staff profiles them by moods and activities.

It's a pretty straightforward concept: You identify the mood (Sleepy, Spooky, Cool, Mad) or activity (Sunday Morning, It's Raining, Spring Cleaning) and push a button, it'll stream a radio station just for you.

::

PlaylistNow.fm

PN


PlaylistNow is a bit sketchier in that if you put in "I am tired" or "I am relaxing" it tries to find other playlists people have created that have that keyword in the title. So if you type in "I am way too drunk" it finds some stuff that matches those categories (based on some kind of similarity they've concocted).

::


I guess the issue I have with both of these solutions is that there doesn't seem to be any way to refine your lists. If my "Solitude" playlist comes back with all Contemporary Hip Hop and Disco tunes, there doesn't seem to be a way to filter out categories I might hate (or even focus on categories I might like), but at worst it is like a radio station that doesn't have commercials and *kinda* focuses on the mood or activity you might be interested in.

Comments: 0

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?